Saturday, July 19, 2008

Her price is far above rubies..

Proverbs 31:10 says, "Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies." My grandmother has been a living example of this chapter to 18 children (9 by birth and their 9 spouses) and countless grandchildren and great grandchildren. Chris, Micah and I were able to spend a couple of hours visiting with her today and capture some moments that I will not forget. If you know my grandma, you know that these photos show some of the things that are characteristic of her.
Our family's musical ability came from her.. from her father (who could play the piano AND the harmonica at the same time!!). She still plays the harmonica in church.




These hands have changed more diapers, fixed more boo-boos, and issued more Godly discipline than I will probably ever be blessed with doing.





One of her many sewing machines. Some of my best childhood memories were learning to quilt in her living room with her and my great grandma. We were taught to sew.. by hand! And enjoy it!




Her kitchen table.. with canned vegetables and her Bible.




One of the 47 lilies that have popped up by her front door step.

No comments: