Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Contest Update


So, we are in week one of our “Your Favorite Person” Contest. We have received a great response and a lot of really good entries. We can tell already that it is going to be extremely difficult to pick a winner. Having said that, if you have a favorite person, you need to enter! You still have plenty of time to pick a picture and email it to chrisreinolds@inhisimagephotos.com.

Since the contest is dealing with favorite people, I thought that I would share a photo of one of our favorite people. You will see this person in Chris’s portfolio occasionally because she is a very attractive young lady that loves to help out her sister and brother-in-law. I’m writing about my sister, Melody (or “Mammy” as we call her).

Our relationship started while my mom was pregnant with her. I would sit beside my mom and talk to Mammy.. and play basketball with Mammy. If I remember correctly, I would say, “Boinka, boinka, boinka, SLAM JAM..” Looking back, if I were my mom, I would have put a stop to this nonsense but my mom is definitely more patient than I. I was only 14 years old at the time and, even before she was born, I thought that she was just the neatest little thing. My mom even let me name her. I was quite the teenage at the time and, poor Mammy, her name means “my little rock song.” Anyway, 16 years later, I still think that she is a pretty special young lady. She is entering her junior year of high school in the Fall and is taking all college preparatory level classes. She’s pretty active with our church’s youth group so between those two things she stays busy. Long story short.. I’m proud of my little sister. I think she is probably one of the neatest people that I have had the pleasure of knowing.. So, as a tribute to our “Mammy,” here’s my entry into the “Favorite Person” contest (of course, she isn’t really in the contest.. :) ).
- Ros

No comments: